Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spirit!

After much teasing MSP unveiled Spirit's arrival.  It is not Jetblue or Virgin America, but I not totally sure I really wanted those. San Francisco is nice but already well served and I needed to see outer California and my East Coast travel is Philly centric, not JFK.

I knew there were hoops and fees involved in Spirit travel but did not really poke around until today.  It took me a good 45 minutes of clickful trial and error to release the advertised low fares.  Pro-tip: Roundtrip required. Baggage/carry on fees are still not totally clear so I think I will suck it up and prepay for a bag on my first adventure.

30" pitch in nonreclining seats does not bode well for my odds of appearing on the Vegas flight and their Chicago flights price out nearly identical to the others on non-sale days and the sale days don't really suit me.  I guess I am glad they are here, but am unlikely to actually use them beyond a fare match.

No comments:

Post a Comment