Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crowne Plaza MInneapolis Northstar



This property was my first attempt at the IHG BRG.  As previously noted the hotel disagreed that the rate I located elsewhere was match despite them both kaving the same bedding option and cancellation policy.  I was expecting some pushback or lesser treatment from the property but received a warm welcome and was actually upgraded to the corner room pictured above.

The soundproofing left a lot to be desired, sirens on the street were heard clearly despite being 10+ floors up. The temperature control was confusing which led to myself alternatively freezing and cooking myself overnight, probably could be avoided had I read the guide prior to pressing buttons.  The bathroom had an odd aquamarine tile pattern and an odd shower seat setup.  Otherwise this was a standard issue Crowne.  Service at check-in and checkout was both efficient and extremely warm. 

Would I stay again?  Probably, I have little need for hotels within 20 miles of my residence and would rather have variety on my next need for one. The hotel's website is here for more photos and availability.  Disappointingly, depending on your perspective, the lowest rates are still found elsewhere.

2079 PC points expected to be earned plus 50 from a Foursquare check-in and I was surprised with 1000 points from the Visa commercial promo at checkout.  Total haul 3129 points at a cost of free.  As a serendipitous bonus, I received my confirmation email on my second BRG claim, the rate wad reduced by the property to $0.01. When IHG corporate comes through with the rebate I will once again be a dyed in the wool Priority Club promoter.

No comments:

Post a Comment