Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New (Qualification) Year!

The miles and points counter all rolled back to zero yesterday.  I went bug-eyed when I saw my Continental account and briefly thought I lost all my miles.  Fortunately I was just not looking in the right place, they are all safe and sound.

I was also proactive in removing the zero on my Priority Club account, I stashed away a MyCokeRewards code early this year with the intent of entering it on January 1 when it mattered.  I also redeemed some E-Rewards cash I had been building up waiting for the new year.  Without leaving home I have racked up 2,700 Priority Club points on the first day of 2011.  That is one third of the way to a free night at Holiday Inn.

I take to the skies California bound for the first time this year on January 13, same date as last year.  This year I don't have a wedding and bachelor party to attend so I am not going to duplicate the "10,000 miles of January" I did last year.  Unfortunately, that means I am going to present for more of Minnesota winter but will not be tired to the point of sleeping through any takeoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment